The City of Salisbury – Parks and Recreation Committee was established to provide advice to the Mayor on the current needs and future development of city parks and public recreation. The Committee also:
- Advises on the acquisition, development, operation, and maintenance of public parks, playgrounds, recreational centers, and other areas to promote and preserve the health and general welfare of the people of the City of Salisbury.
- Provides a forum for the public to express their views related to city parks and recreation, and related issues.
- Promotes interest, cooperation, and support among public and private organizations, agencies, and local residents for the city’s parks and recreational facilities and programs.
- Increases community awareness of the city parks and recreational programs.
The Committee’s by-laws are set by City Resolution 2525.
Members of the Committee:
- David Plotts, MSM – Chairman
- Chris Roberts – Vice Chairman
- Dr. Amal Ali
- David Herrick
- Kevin Lindsay
- Michael Perry
- Melinda Stafford
- Muir Boda – Council Liaison
Becoming a Member:
Are you interested providing input to the City on the City Parks and Recreation? If so, why not serve on the Committee? If you are interested please send a letter of interest to the Mayor’s Office (125 N. Division St, Room 304, Salisbury, MD 21801-4940). There are openings on the Committee.
Questions or Comments for the Committee?
Email David Plotts at firstname.lastname@example.org or call him at 443-880-0502.